LACTOBACILLUS PLANTARUM PBS067
ANTI-FUNGAL ⎪ ANTI-BACTERIAL ⎪ PROTECTS
The Lactobacillus plantarum strain is a probiotic discovered and isolated from healthy human intestinal mucosa. It has been the subject of more than 65 clinical studies that have demonstrated its benefits on gastrointestinal health, including the reduction of abdominal pain in subjects with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). It helps maintain a healthy intestinal barrier, enhances digestive function and promotes better absorption of nutrients.
This strain also has a positive effect on iron absorption (1).
L.plantarum also plays a role in the balance of intimate flora, as its presence in the vaginal tract has been shown to be linked to a reduced risk of bacterial vaginosis, including Candida infections. These antifungal and antimicrobial functions are based on the high production of a particular class of bacterial toxins, bacteriocins (2).
Present in [MY] Essentiels Intimate & Intestinal Flora, this strain, dosed at 2 billion CFU/g (Colony Forming Unit), promotes gastrointestinal health and helps to balance the intimate flora. (3)
ITS BENEFITS :
- Probiotic helping to balance the intimate and intestinal flora.
- Reduces post-digestion discomfort.
- Reduces the risk of vaginal infections.
(1) Study by Liu YW. et al. on new prospects for Lactobacillus plantarum as a probiotic: the gut-heart-brain axis (2018) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30141154/
(2) Study by De Seta F. et al. on Lactobacillus plantarum P17630 to prevent recurrence of Candida vaginitis: a retrospective comparative study (2014)
(3) SynBalance® Preclinical study conducted on 40 premenopausal women to measure the efficacy of the strains L. plantarum PBS067, L. rhamnosus LRH020 and B. lactis BL050 in regenerating the vaginal microbiota.